Rs.25,000 minimum fine for seven traffic offenses
Posted on Nov 22, 2016 by Administrator
The Finance Ministry says that a decision was reached during talks held on Monday November 21, to impose a minimum fine of Rs.25,000 for seven traffic violations.
The seven offences are:
1. Drunk driving
2. Driving without a vehicle insurance
3. Driving without valid license
5. Overtaking from the left side
6. Driving across unprotected rail-crossing
7. Allowing a person without a valid license to drive your vehicle
This proposal will be submitted to parliament during the debate on the expenditure heads of the Transport Ministry.