Budget 2018-Vehicle TAX Change
Posted on Nov 10, 2017 by Administrator
We quote the summary of Vehicle Taxes imposed by the Govt. according to the 2018 Budget Proposal Sri Lanka for the convenience of our customers.
- By the year 2040, all vehicles in Sri Lanka will be powered by renewable energy.
- By the year 2025, all Government vehicles will be either Electric or Hybrid.
- Import tax for electric vehicles will be reduced by Rs 1 million
- Rs 2.5 million import tax on luxury vehicles
- Luxury tax on all super luxury vehicles
- Rs 50,000 tax increase on importing three-wheelers
- Youth who already own three-wheelers will be provided with an opportunity to sell them to countries such as Bangladesh.
- Importing vehicles without airbags will be prohibited in the future.
Check out Autolanka Forum Discussions related to 2018 Budget Vehicle Import Duty [Click Here]
The Official Document From Sri Lanka Customs [Click Here}