• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recieved an e-mail about a Wind Powered Electric Car that is developed in Sri Lanka; the following is quoted from crazyengineers

417206_364799963553255_123060284393892_1158777_1232907225_n.jpg

This was built by a young Sri Lankan engineer Nilanga Senevirathne Epa. The sad story is he had never got the media attention, or anything. The car can be driven at 60kmh top speed only using wind power. Most of the European manufactures want him to sell the blue print of this car to their countries but he wants to sell this car from Southern Asia.

Please share this much as you can to support. May be some official may see this and support him someday.

Nilanga: To clear the facts, as to my knowing this car Runs on Kinetic energy of the air sucked in from the front turbines to power up a specially designed engine. Special mechanism is used to maximize the turbine efficiency and rotation. The prevailing air powered cars founded up-to this car; uses compressed Air to power up pistons in the engine, which proved to be dangerous.Its just like running a car with a car bomb. But this Sri Lankan car proved to be 100% safe as to the developer. Its equal to a windmill built in to run the engine.

If anyone is interested in buying this car or support manufacturing or investing please contact:

Nilanga Senevirathne,

N.S.E Automobile Engineers

59 / A, Rathnawali Road, Kalubowila,Sri Lanka

Telephone: +94-06-2182147

Mobile : +94-77-6493957

Fax: +94-11-2785590

Email: Not provided to avoid spam

Product Details

Specifications

100% Electric Car with self charging system.

1)Dimensions (L x W x H): 2,608 x 1,515 x 1,526mm

2) Drive type: rear wheel drive

3) Wheelbase: 1,800mm

4) Steering system: rack-and-pinion steering gear

5) Wheel type (front/rear): 155-80R1277T / 155-80R1277T

6) Mi. ground clearance: 200mm

7) Parking brake: hand / rear-wheel brake

8) Net weight: 600kg

9) Battery type: lead-acid maintenance battery

10) Power: 5kW/48V DC

11) Weight of battery: 160kg

12) Electric system: 12V DC

13) Battery life: recharging for 500< times

14) Charger: 48V, 25A

15) Controller: 48V

16) Battery: 6V/225Ah x 8 and 12/200Ah lead-acid

17) Max speed: 70 < km/h (can be restricted below 40km/h)

18) Max climbing capability: 30 degrees

19) Min. turning diameter: 4.6m

20) Braking distance: within 6m

21) Running distance: 120 < km

22) Charging time: within 8< h

23) Speed control: pedal control / automatic

Does anyone have more details on this? Does this even work (without charging into the mains)?

Why dont we all keep a solar panel in our living room in the night and use that to generate electricity to power the lightbulb that powers the solar panel and so on..

If it were that easy we wouldnt be getting an electricity bills anymore would we :P

• Like 1

What got me baffled is if the compressor is using electricity how come it isnt more efficient to use the electricity to directly run an electric motor to power the car :speechless-smiley-019:

My guess is, the guy got down one of the millions of electric cars made in china and added the batmobile starter-kit to it and now trying to pull a fast one.

You probably stumbled upon a possibility there.

Getting more and more closer... Specs of this http://www.asia.ru/en/ProductInfo/823799.html is very closely match with the so called wind powered car. Same order, same wording, only deference is the power. :lol:

The only way to create a wind powered car is to have some sort of sail to harness the power and transfer that to momentum.

from what i can guess, this is just and electric car that has two wind turbines hooked upto it.

I doubt the wind powered charge is enough to full supplement the battery drain.

Fans that size can't be that efficient and be able generate enough power.

I'd love to be proven wrong!

Guys.... this obviously sounds stupid but just some random crazy thought that came to my mind having read this thread...

Ok, now this entire requirement of power to move a car from stationary position is due to the gravitational force .. right ? so lets say we put a car on rails and negatively charge the steel rails with electricity and do the same for the wheels ( possibly rims) that would rest on the rails. Thereby can we eliminate or reduce the G forces acting on the car ? If this can be done with very little power u would be able to move the vehicle right ? Its kind of like what the Hovercraft is doing by traveling on a air cushion, but here it will be on rails with magnetic forces acting as the virtual cushion... ?

Guys.... this obviously sounds stupid but just some random crazy thought that came to my mind having read this thread...

Ok, now this entire requirement of power to move a car from stationary position is due to the gravitational force .. right ? so lets say we put a car on rails and negatively charge the steel rails with electricity and do the same for the wheels ( possibly rims) that would rest on the rails. Thereby can we eliminate or reduce the G forces acting on the car ? If this can be done with very little power u would be able to move the vehicle right ? Its kind of like what the Hovercraft is doing by traveling on a air cushion, but here it will be on rails with magnetic forces acting as the virtual cushion... ?

electricity and electromagnetism are completely two different things

electrically charging one line negative and the other too negative wont achieve anything.

If you're talking about magnetic levitation...it's already been done. maglev rails are actually quite old tech

• Like 1

Well for starters its not just gravity, there are a lot of other factors such as friction, wind resistance, humidity etc but the general idea is correct.

And you have actually been beaten to it btw, magnetically levitated bullet trains (not static electric trains though) are already in existence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maglev) (http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/engines-equipment/maglev-train.htm)

"so lets say we put a car on rails and negatively charge the steel rails with electricity and do the same for the wheels ( possibly rims) that would rest on the rails" - This technique doesn't really work in that manner, if you put a negative charge on the rails and another negative on the wheels logic does dictate it should levitate ( equal charges push each other away while different charges are attracted to each other.

But there are some practical problems, for starters for the car to generate its own negative static charge that can withheld its weight would require a massive amount of energy on board.

Secondly if it had steel wheels and a steel track it cant be levitated in the first place cause at start the wheels would rest on the rails ya ? so if the wheels and the steel track are connected when they are charged the whole charge would be shared among the wheels and rail thus creating a bigger circuit, not 2 different circuits like you would want it to ( kinda hard to explain, i hope you got the idea). For your car to levitate under static charge it should be first manually lifted and then activate each others charge generators, which i think is a bit of a hassle when there is a better alternative

"charge the steel rails with electricity and do the same for the wheels ( possibly rims) that would rest on the rails" not to be captain obvious here but if the vehicle levitates it wouldn't need wheels :)

"Thereby can we eliminate or reduce the G forces acting on the car ?" Definition of G forces is a little wrong here, G forces can also apply in sharp terns. Gravity and G force are two very different things

"If this can be done with very little power u would be able to move the vehicle right ?" true but then to levitate a big vehicle with static electricity would require a massive amount of energy

Like i said the general idea is correct but static electricity just wont do, the better option is to install electromagnets. I hope you read my links.

Wow.. guess there is nothing called a stupid idea... a couple of years too late maybe... :)

Thanks a lot for the links and the info guys, I think what I was trying to get at was " magnetic Levitation " using electromagnets.

581 kmpl !! thats insane speed....

Members,

I managed to contact Mr. Nilanga Senevirathne Epa. Who is behind the project he informs me this is still on drawing board.

They are not going to manufacture the car shown on the post that is a two seat car. The car what is on the picture is not suitable for Srilanka.

They are designing a car with 4 door and 4 passenger electric car, That is already got the approve and it will take another 1year or more time to come out from the production line.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

I managed to contact Mr. Nilanga Senevirathne Epa. Who is behind the project he informs me this is still on drawing board.

They are not going to manufacture the car shown on the post that is a two seat car. The car what is on the picture is not suitable for Srilanka.

They are designing a car with 4 door and 4 passenger electric car, That is already got the approve and it will take another 1year or more time to come out from the production line.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Wonderful. Despite Sylvi's conversation with him, this car is advertised on alibaba.com

Which probably means he's trying to pull off an international fraud. The chances of him getting caught is far higher if he tries to pull it off in Sri Lanka.

Call me a nihilist, but I'd love to see his responses if someone (with a foreign accent) calls from overseas.