• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post-Whoring

milinda

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mods,

No big surprises this year on 1st january huh!!!! :(

Bit dissapointed as I expected to see a whole new forum this year too. :alc:

What a year it has been!!!

I still remember the early days of new forum. The big rat race to become the highest poster. some ppl posted 100+ posts in a day( no offece Andrew ;) ) , others started post whoring ( including myself) but alas after one year I can boast of only 150 posts (despite visiting the site everyday) where as the GRand Poobah has 2800 posts under his name :D BTW congats to top 10 posters as they all have passed 1000 posts hurdle :) .

So guys any celebrations to mark the 1st year of the new forum???

Edited by milinda

Hey mods,

No big surprises this year on 1st january huh!!!! :(

Bit dissapointed as I expected to see a whole new forum this year too. :alc:

What a year it has been!!!

I still remember the early days of new forum. The big rat race to become the highest poster. some ppl posted 100+ posts in a day( no offece Andrew ;) ) , others started post whoring ( including myself) but alas after one year I can boast of only 150 posts (despite visiting the site everyday) where as the GRand Poobah has 2800 posts under his name :D BTW congats to top 10 posters as they all have passed 1000 posts hurdle :) .

So guys any celebrations to mark the 1st year of the new forum???

lol yes those were the days till the IT manager cracked down on a cache full of AL pages :( well at least for me...

we hope to organise an AL get2gether sometime soon... the boss will have his say now that he's back from holiday...

• 2 weeks later...

Since 24 season 6 is here (ok it premiers in US on the 14th Jan 2006 but 4 episodes were leaked to bit torrent last Sunday the 7th), here are the top 20 Jack Bauer facts all should know …..

1. When bad things happen to good people, it’s probably fate. When bad things happen to bad people, it’s probably Jack Bauer.

2. When a convicted terrorist was sentenced to face Jack Bauer, he appealed to have the sentence reduced to death.

3. After Season 6 of 24, the Chinese will be on the Endangered Species List.

4. Jack Bauer never retreats; he just attacks in the opposite direction.

5. The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in gratitude for his saving the city several times. They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street. No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.

6. The 2007 budget for the US Military covers Jack Bauer, two pistols and four billion rounds of ammunition.

7. Once, someone tried to tell Jack Bauer a "knock knock" joke. Jack Bauer found out who was there, who they worked for, and where the goddamned bomb was.

8. Passed out, surrounded by terrorists and nerve gas, and handcuffed to a table leg, Jack Bauer laughed to himself and said, "I have them right where I want them."

9. Jack once shot himself 10 times, just to prove 50 cent is a bitch. He proceeded to wrestle and alligator while talking to Chloe about schematics.

10. When Jack Bauer ran out of ammo, he caught 3 bullets in his chest and used them to reload.

11. If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

12. If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".

13. Life doesn't give Jack Bauer lemons. Life asks him which fruit he wants.

14. Jack Bauer doesn't need to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom because his organs are afraid of making him angry.

15. ...and on the seventh day Jack Bauer said, "I'll take it from here."

16. The state of California plans to reduce violent crime by changing the method of capital punishment from lethal injection to Jack Bauer.

17. Jack Bauers calendar goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jack Bauer.

18. When Special Forces raided an afghan training camp, they found an empty camp and a pirated copy of 24 Season 4.

19. There have been no terrorist attacks in United States since Jack Bauer has appeared on television.

20. Only Jack Bauer can fly a plane from the luggage compartment.

Marketing Concepts

Professor at IIM A was explaining marketing concepts:

You see a gorgeous girl at a party.

You go up to her and say, "I am very rich.Marry me!"

That's Direct Marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.

One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says,

"He's very rich. Marry him."

That's Advertising.

You go up to her and get her telephone number.

The next day you call and say "Hi, I'm very rich.Marry me."

That's Telemarketing.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten

your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink.

You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer

her a ride, and then say, "By the way, I'm very rich.Will you marry me?"

That's Public Relations.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl.

She walks up to you and says, "You are very rich.."

That's Brand Recognition.

You go up to her and say, "I'm rich.Marry me" She gives you a nice hard

slap on your face.

That's Customer Feedback !!!!!

You go up to her and say, "I am very rich.Marry me!" And she introduces

you to her husband That's Demand and supply gap.

You go up to her and before you say, "I am very rich.Marry me!"

she turns her face towards you ------------ she is your wife !

That's competition eating into your market share.

Edited by Supra_Natural

thought to use this topic to post this pics rather than starting another thread.. some lovely pics taken @ millennium drive .. two of my 3 pugs

07012007011mq6.th.jpg

07012007013nc2.th.jpg

i have seen the white car in kohuwala - pilliyandala road couple of times, looks very nice

I have seen many 504 Peugeots used as Hearses in godey parlours. Very run down state they are in. Harshan u mite be interested in it :alc:

yeah.... sad scene, those are great cars thast are being gradually wasted.....

What's in a Name? not much people would say, but actually, names are VERY important, ESPECIALLY when It comes to cars..... Don't buy it? what if Ford had tried to market the Mustang with it's corporate internal Designation of "SN95"? would it have sold as much??

Try to Imagine Buddy Guy singing "SN 95 Sally" and you'll get what i'm driving at..... ;)

but honestly, car makers nowadays don't pay that much attention to car names...... look at europe, all the car names from there are basically Alpha-Numeric Soup: 545i, E63 AMG, 166, 407 etc etc....... not really very creative is it?

Japan on the other hand, has a long tradition of coming up with very interesting names for cars, most of which rarely (if ever) make literal sense in English..... this is supposedly because jap car names only have to produce a "harmonious sound" to be accepted...... (so we have names like Supra, Celica, Allion, Verossa, Tidia, Fuga etc)

but they also have a Knack of having some total Nutter Names..... and so without further ado..... taken from the Car and Driver account of the 1995/6 Tokyo Motor Show.... we have (All Real btw, no one can make THESE Up)

THE CRAZIEST CAR NAMES ON THE PLANET

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear Cruising Active

Suzuki Every Joy Pop Turbo

Subaru Domingo Aladdin

Subaru Sambar Dias Astonish!!! (the "!"s are part of the name)

Mazda Bongo Friendee

Daihatsu Rugger Field Sports Resin Top

Mitsubishi Libero RVR Super Wild Gear...

Toyota Midship Runabout 2 Seater

Interesting? it gets better..... concept cars provide op for further madness.... Mitsubishi being the prime perpetrator.....

the HSR series were interesting performance concepts, but their names stood for "Harmonious Science Research Vehicle"

but that sounds normal in comparison to the GAUS and MAUS concepts which mean, respectively....

Global Adventure Utility System & Mini Active Urban Sandal (I am NOT making this up and please don't ask how Footwear got involved :D )

but the Grand Prize Award winner is Isuzu.... for variations of the vehicle known to us as the Trooper.....

These are domestic models btw, there are two of 'em.

the first is the Bighorn Izon which sounds okay.....

what takes the cake is variant number two, the MU Wizard.... sounds fairly sane right? but then we wonder, what does the MU stand for??

the Answer?

:lol:

"Mysterious Utility"

Are these guys priceless or what?? :)

Edited by Supra_Natural

i have seen the white car in kohuwala - pilliyandala road couple of times, looks very nice

thanks for the comment bro.. its my daily driver for more than 5 yrs!

I have seen many 504 Peugeots used as Hearses in godey parlours. Very run down state they are in. Harshan u mite be interested in it :D

yeah.. there was a time i searched for a good 504 break. but most of them are being used as hearses so my family members didn't like the idea of traveling in a hearse. :). Actually why I've been looking for a break simply because it seats 7 very easily and of course can accommodate 8 -9 skinny sri lankans :( (mind you its designed for accommodate 7 Europeans :lol: ) Finally i came across with a family used wagon arnd Lunawa area and it had all original parts including 3 rows of seats and complete dash and all original but the body was totally beyond restoration. so i gave up the idea of acquiring it without getting a good body for that. By the time i found a good solid body that wagon was sold to a junc yard @ panchikawatta.. ;)

thanks for the comment bro.. its my daily driver for more than 5 yrs!

yeah.. there was a time i searched for a good 504 break. but most of them are being used as hearses so my family members didn't like the idea of traveling in a hearse. ;). Actually why I've been looking for a break simply because it seats 7 very easily and of course can accommodate 8 -9 skinny sri lankans :) (mind you its designed for accommodate 7 Europeans :lol: ) Finally i came across with a family used wagon arnd Lunawa area and it had all original parts including 3 rows of seats and complete dash and all original but the body was totally beyond restoration. so i gave up the idea of acquiring it without getting a good body for that. By the time i found a good solid body that wagon was sold to a junc yard @ panchikawatta.. :D

Oh those are called Breaks? Interesting , I didn't know that. I have an interest in 504 nd 505 but don't know much about them. There is a black 504 hearse that is parked outside a seedy funeral parlour when you're coming to baseline road/Ananda rajakaruna MW from the Accident Ward side (can't remember what the road is called). Its parked on the road and I have seen it for some years now, from its state I'm sure its not used (window is cracked etc). I do have the interest but not the funds to see that car restored (even to a hearse state). Wonder why they don't sell it. I guess those small places dont make much money anyway, which is why they use station wagons with the seats removed instead of properly converted hearses. Leave alone enough money to restore them.. but do check it out if you see it and let us know about it.

girlsboyslm8.jpg

Find out, wether is it 12 or 13

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE GROUP CHANGES POSITIONS.

IS IT TWELVE OR THIRTEEN?? Keep looking

4574f71311b0c462780015.gif

This will drive you crazy!

WHERE DOES THE EXTRA MAN COME FROM? don't ask me;

Can you find the "C" ??? (Good exercise for the eyes!)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Once you've found the C..........

Find the 6!

Once you've found the 6...

Find the N! (it's hard!!)

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMNMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh those are called Breaks? Interesting , I didn't know that. I have an interest in 504 nd 505 but don't know much about them. There is a black 504 hearse that is parked outside a seedy funeral parlour when you're coming to baseline road/Ananda rajakaruna MW from the Accident Ward side (can't remember what the road is called). Its parked on the road and I have seen it for some years now, from its state I'm sure its not used (window is cracked etc). I do have the interest but not the funds to see that car restored (even to a hearse state). Wonder why they don't sell it. I guess those small places dont make much money anyway, which is why they use station wagons with the seats removed instead of properly converted hearses. Leave alone enough money to restore them.. but do check it out if you see it and let us know about it.

i think i know this hearse but never could check it out simply because am passing this place in the busy traffic and didn't think of getting late even a second :unsure: and again i don't like to ask the price as a person who got down from another peugeot. that'll surely increase their asking price.

Guys,

Pls help me out with the market prices of the followings:

Mitsubishi Montero - Petrol (V.G condition)

Mitsubishi Montero - Diesel (V.G condition)

Mitsubishi Pajero (YOM 1995) 2800cc (good condition,Int.turbo, full op, leather)

Im going to sell the old pajero and go for a montero. Since I came back to SL recently, I havent got a clue abt market prices of these vehicles. any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks