• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katukurunda 2010

virensti

High time another racing event takes place in SL. :)

Since there's about 2 weeks to go, I thought it'll be time to remind everyone to get leave/get ready for one of the most popular races in SL. :)

I'm utterly stumped when it comes to an entry list though. (Searching like hell over the internet but to no avail :( )

Anyone who has any info please do update :)

Cheers!

ah bummer!!! missing out on it this time. :(

camera going to singapore for shutter replacement so pointless being at the track without it :(

OT:

replacement??????? what was the shutter count on it... My 40D's almost hit the 10k mark too.. Shoulf I be getting worries? But isnt the 40D/50D tested for a good 50k or 100k actuation..

And how much does it cost to do it from SL? Ihear its around SGD100-150 in S'po..

Edited by Dilesh

OT:

replacement??????? what was the shutter count on it... My 40D's almost hit the 10k mark too.. Shoulf I be getting worries? But isnt the 40D/50D tested for a good 50k or 100k actuation..

And how much does it cost to do it from SL? Ihear its around SGD100-150 in S'po..

i've been heavily advised not to take the camera to the local guys by 3 professional snappers i work with.

so i'm not gonna bother with it here :)

I emailed canon sing last friday requesting a quote but those buggers still didn't get back to me...

A friend is traveling to sing in september to clean his 1d and 40d and offered to take mine too and get it sorted.

he roughly said it should be 15k or so but to double check with canon..

And no idea on my shutter count machang cos the little add on software you get to check that doesn't work well on apples :(

But i'm sure i have quite high shutter count since all the racing stuff i shoot on high speed burst... a sigiriya race is about 12gb worth pics :(

Katu was about 6~8

I had the cam since 08 and at least once a week it shoots a good 50shots or so...

I just called Canon (S'pore) for you. They said a chutter repalcement will be about SGD 180 for the job on either 50D (or a 40D). And it'll take 5-7 working days :)

But I presume it might not take that long, cos i once gave a friend's 40D few months ago for a trigger replacement cost 135 bucks, but though they said it'll take 5-7 days i got a call in 3 saying it was ready :)

As for the shutter count you can get it if you know how many cycles your file-numbering circle has gone. the cucle stops at 9999 so its cycles of 10k, but you'll have to remember how many times it Zero-ed.

Edited by Dilesh

I just called Canon (S'pore) for you. They said a chutter repalcement will be about SGD 180 for the job on either 50D (or a 40D). And it'll take 5-7 working days :)

But I presume it might not take that long, cos i once gave a friend's 40D few months ago for a trigger replacement cost 135 bucks, but though they said it'll take 5-7 days i got a call in 3 saying it was ready :)

As for the shutter count you can get it if you know how many cycles your file-numbering circle has gone. the cucle stops at 9999 so its cycles of 10k, but you'll have to remember how many times it Zero-ed.

adey thanks mate :)

that's about 15k local ne :)

i will get them to do a full service too so it will be almost good as new when i get it back :)

dunno how to check the shutter count on file numbering cos each new memory card starts with 00001.raw or jpg...

there is a utility that works good on pc's but the mac version hasn't worked for me so far...

must try it on a pc and see...

I don't think i would have shot 50k this soon but it must be couple of ten thousands for sure :) :)

I was getting an error99 at first and updated to latest firmware off canon usa...

then the error99 went away and i'm getting an error30...supposedly shutter related issue since when this happens the shutter kinda get stuck.

gotta power off and on again to get the camera to shoot...

what sucks is that this happens at the absolute worst possible time :P

and from now on i will be try to be less trigger happy :P

adey thanks mate :)

that's about 15k local ne :)

i will get them to do a full service too so it will be almost good as new when i get it back :)

dunno how to check the shutter count on file numbering cos each new memory card starts with 00001.raw or jpg...

there is a utility that works good on pc's but the mac version hasn't worked for me so far...

must try it on a pc and see...

I don't think i would have shot 50k this soon but it must be couple of ten thousands for sure :) :)

I was getting an error99 at first and updated to latest firmware off canon usa...

then the error99 went away and i'm getting an error30...supposedly shutter related issue since when this happens the shutter kinda get stuck.

gotta power off and on again to get the camera to shoot...

what sucks is that this happens at the absolute worst possible time :P

and from now on i will be try to be less trigger happy :P

No prob. Glad I could help :)

I guess its how you have your settings configured, cos when i bought mine the file numbering was a 7.9k (on the seller's card) and when i started using my new card it continued counting from that point onwards.. but no biggie...

Yeah a service might not be that bad an idea :)

camera going to singapore for shutter replacement so pointless being at the track without it :(

Oh dear. Can't you borrow another camera mate? Not tryin to suck up or anything but you took some cracker shots at last Katu.

dude you should totally go, your shots were amazing.... Could loan you my 450 if you want.

Oh dear. Can't you borrow another camera mate? Not tryin to suck up or anything but you took some cracker shots at last Katu.

thanks mate :) appreciate it :)

Supra

Mine still shoots machang but tend to get stuck on and off which doesn't really cut it for shooting fast moving stuff while running about from place to place..

If you trust me with your baby...hell yeah! that's a super generous offer! :)

will keep in touch...and i suppose you're not attending katu?

The other issues getting them passes and getting closer to the track.

last time at sigiriya i barely made it into the center area while posing off as a media dude :)

don't think that will work all the time :( Hell Peri knows it first hand :P

it will be super if we can get some sorta SLARDAR pass :)

thanks mate :) appreciate it :)

Supra

Mine still shoots machang but tend to get stuck on and off which doesn't really cut it for shooting fast moving stuff while running about from place to place..

If you trust me with your baby...hell yeah! that's a super generous offer! :)

will keep in touch...and i suppose you're not attending katu?

The other issues getting them passes and getting closer to the track.

last time at sigiriya i barely made it into the center area while posing off as a media dude :)

don't think that will work all the time :( Hell Peri knows it first hand :P

it will be super if we can get some sorta SLARDAR pass :)

Wont be able to make it machan have some work commitments unfortunately so if you can make it you're more than welcome to take mine.

It doesnt have anything near the Burst capturing ability of the 50D im afraid though :(

Wont be able to make it machan have some work commitments unfortunately so if you can make it you're more than welcome to take mine.

It doesnt have anything near the Burst capturing ability of the 50D im afraid though :(

but i bet it's far better than a 50d with a shutter problem :D

thanks for the offer mate! let me see if i can get my hands on a paddocks pass for the races :)

will be in touch :)

Cool. I was thinking of going to the 4x4 thing at Waters Edge.

same here...do they fall on the same date?

planning on joining that forum also since i too am thinking of going for a 4x4 :)

High time another racing event takes place in SL. :)

Since there's about 2 weeks to go, I thought it'll be time to remind everyone to get leave/get ready for one of the most popular races in SL. :)

I'm utterly stumped when it comes to an entry list though. (Searching like hell over the internet but to no avail :( )

Anyone who has any info please do update :)

Cheers!

When will be the races??

When will be the races??

7th of Aug - Qualifying

8th - Races

also who's going from AL and also racing this time...

I'm guessing MivecTurbo, DarinWrx, Damn_it should be racing...

Will try and update the qualifying results toms.. Not all the events obviously.. I'll get as much info as possible.. Wish I could go for qualifying.. though I suppose it'll be a little bit boring.. :mellow: Anynews whether DD's Evo X is ready?

Will try and update the qualifying results toms.. Not all the events obviously.. I'll get as much info as possible.. Wish I could go for qualifying.. though I suppose it'll be a little bit boring.. :mellow: Anynews whether DD's Evo X is ready?

Yes it is.... :)

hope some channel will telecast the races live :(

wont be able to make it this time...family commitments and the camera being out makes it all worse :(

anyways...good luck to AL boys :)